- When women love us, they forgive us everything, even our crimes; when they do not love us, they give us credit for nothing, not even our virtues.
- Economized love is never real love.
- True love is eternal, infinite, and always like itself. It is equal and pure, without violent demonstrations: it is seen with white hairs and is always young in the heart.
- The duration of passion is proportionate with the original resistance of the woman.
- Love is a game in which one always cheats.
- Love is the poetry of the senses.
- It is as absurd to say that a man can't love one woman all the time as it is to say that a violinist needs several violins to play the same piece of music.
- A husband and wife who have separate bedrooms have either drifted apart or found happiness.
- A woman knows the face of the man she loves like a sailor knows the open sea.
- A lover always thinks of his mistress first and himself second; with a husband it runs the other way.
- Love has its own instinct, finding the way to the heart, as the feeblest insect finds the way to its flower, with a will which nothing can dismay nor turn aside.
- Nobody loves a woman because she is handsome or ugly, stupid or intelligent. We love because we love.
- First love is a kind of vaccination which saves a man from catching the complaint the second time.
Monday, October 10, 2011
Love quotes from Honore de Balzac
Posted by Invizibilul at 5:22 AM