- What a grand thing, to be loved! What a grander thing still, to love!
- There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson.
- A compliment is something like a kiss through a veil.
- To love another person is to see the face of God.
- To love beauty is to see light.
- The first symptom of love in a young man is timidity; in a girl boldness.
- The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.
- The ideal and the beautiful are identical; the ideal corresponds to the idea, and beauty to form; hence idea and substance are cognate.
- The most powerful symptom of love is a tenderness which becomes at times almost insupportable.
- He who opens a school door, closes a prison.
- I met in the street a very poor young man who was in love. His hat was old, his coat worn, his cloak was out at the elbows, the water passed through his shoes and the stars through his soul.
Saturday, October 8, 2011
Love quotes from Victor Hugo
Posted by Invizibilul at 1:07 PM